Interchangeable Polymer Insight Apertures
With the InSight™ Peep Apertures, there is no need to switch out your peep when all you need to do is change your aperture size. Our polymer construction ensures the aperture will neither bind in the peep housing nor scratch the clarifying lens or housing. The polymer material also prevents the aperture from being scratched or marred by tools during installation. Aperture sizes include 1/32”, 3/64”, 1/16”, 3/32”, 1/8”, and 5/32”.
The InSight Peep System Instructions:
The InSight™ Peep System is made up of four main pieces including the light baffling peep housing, clarifying lens, aperture, and the aperture tool. There are 6 aperture sizes ranging from 1/32” up to 5/32” as well as 4 different clarifier lens strengths to accommodate a wide range of shooting setups. The peep housing can be used with or without a clarifying lens and has two sets of string grooves to better accommodate a wider range of shooters. We recommend installing/removing the apertures using the Hamskea Aperture Tool to avoid possible damage to the aperture.
Warning: You must properly tie your peep sight into the string before shooting. Failure to do so may result in personal injury or damage to equipment. Make sure that the peep is firmly held in place with the braided serving material going around the peep circumference and string material as seen below. Click here for instructions on how to tie in your peep.
Installing a Clarifying Lens into the Hamskea Insight™ Peep System
- In order to install an aperture and clarifier lens into your InSight™ Peep Housing, you will want to select the specific aperture and clarifier lens that best fits your needs using the reference selection chart below and lay them in order with the aperture tool shown in Picture 1.
- You will then want to place the aperture on top of the Hamskea Aperture Installation tool so that both are vertically in line as shown in Picture 2.
- When placing the clarifier lens within the raided edge of the aperture, you will want to align the letter of the lens with the slot in the aperture as shown in Picture 2. Aligning these will help to consistently orient/co-register the lens every time it is installed.
- The final step is to install the clarifying lens and aperture vertically into the peep housing using the tool to tighten until snug as shown in Picture 3. The aperture should thread in smoothly without the lens becoming bound on the edges of the housing. The peep sight must be held vertically during the installation to prevent any possible damage to the lens.
Warning: If the aperture works loose during shooting, you must reinstall the lens/aperture combo starting at step 1.
- NOTE: If this installation procedure is not followed, damage may result to any of the components of the InSight™ peep system and will not be covered under warranty.
For additional help, please see our video here: https://www.facebook.com/HamskeaArcherySolutions/videos/1754975227885695/